Welcome to the Sons of Solomon!
The Sons of Solomon is an ecumenical prayer habitus of catholic Christian men worldwide focused on the Psalms and Proverbs.
Sons of Solomon:
- Agree on what we all confess: The Three Ecumenical Creeds
- Pray the prayers God gave us to pray
- Seek together the wisdom that is from above
It is neither doctrinal fellowship nor a communion.
It is a discipline.
Our discipline is as follows:
1. Carry a bible, prayer book, and crucifix with you.
What is a prayer book?
- Anything that points you back to the scriptures in your daily life: a hymnal, catechism, theological book...Anything by which you find inspiration to open, read and ponder the scriptures
Is this required at all times?
- We are not practitioners of Judaism.
- "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any."
- Do not abandon prudence, practice wisdom and discipline.
Let the image of the perfect man be your spiritual focus.
2. Meditate on a Proverb every day.
How might one do that?
- Translate the Proverb into your own words.
- Carry that thought with you on a piece of paper for a day.
- Pray that you might use the thought in a conversation.
- Leave the note alone for a week, then read it again and repeat the process.
Read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest the wisdom of the holy scriptures
Let the author teach you wisdom, that you may be thoroughly equipped.
3. Read the Psalms of the Diaspora each day:
|123, 125, 127||124, 129||126, 128||130, 131|
Why these psalms?
- Why not? Have you read them? If you would prefer an alternate starter discipline, feel free to make up your own.
- All the Psalms are God's Divine proximity. These psalms are special in a way that you won't read about in a meme. Pray them every day for a year and you will see the impact of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in your life, church, and community.
Read 8 verses of Psalm 119, 3-7 times a day.
- Psalm 119 contains the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet, each letter having 8 verses.
- Meditate on a new letter each day, cycling through the psalm.
- Since you carry your bible with you, this can conveniently be done anywhere...stoplights, coffee breaks, queues of any kind, or with your other SoS psalms.
Meditate on one verse of Jesus' words daily
- Receive the mind of Christ, as you speak aloud and meditate on the very words our savior spoke while ministering on this earth.